CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unfinished Project #1






I picked out this project the first week of January.  My unfinished projects are sorted in ziploc bags in a bin, and this one was already partially done.  I had the flower completed, just had the actual headband to do.  I even had the pattern with it, so I knew it would be an easy one to start with this year!

I got the pattern for the flower from Very Berry Handmade.  I found the directions a little confusing, so I am going to post what I did, which I am not sure is what I was supposed to do.  I also found two different patterns, from the same webpage.  I printed one in 2011 and one in 2012, so she must have changed the directions.  I will give both here.

Start with a magic circle and make 4 single crochet in the circle.  Close the circle.
R1: 2sc in each sc around.  Join last sc to 1st sc with ss. (8s)
R2: 2ch, 1ss in next sc.  Repeat.  Join with ss. (8s)
R3: In each chain space, make 1ss, 1ch, 2dc, 1ch, 1 ss.  SS into 1st ss.
R4: Going behind the work, chain 2 (or 3), hook inbetween next petals.  Repeat. SS into 1st ss.
R5: In each chain space, make 1sc, 1ch, 3dc, 1ch, 1sc. (or 1sc, 1ch, 3tr, 1ch, 1sc) SS into 1st sc
R6: Going behind the work, chain 3, hook between next petals.  Repeat.  SS into 1st ss.
R7: In each chain space, make 1sc, 1ch, 5dc, 1ch, 1sc. (or 1sc, 1ch, 5tr, 1ch, 1sc) SS into 1st sc.

I honestly don't think it really matters if you do dc or tr in R5 and R7.  I imagine tr just makes the petals larger.

The headband is much more simple than that.

Chain 16
R1: Start dc 3 stitches from hook.  14dc total.
R2: Ch 3. 14tr
R3: Ch2. 14dc
And keep going until you have the length you need. 

Now onto the next project!  I will be at my aunt's house today having a craft day, so hopefully I have a couple more things to post when I get back!

Forever His,

No comments:

Post a Comment