CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Granny Square Lap Blanket


Now before I go any further, I need to say that I cannot take complete credit for this lap blanket.  I did not make the granny squares.  I have never made a granny square in my life.  I did, however, but it all together.

I used to crochet at the yarn shop at Knit Night each week.  Life has gotten busy, so I don't go there as much anymore.  Anyway, someone had donated a ton of granny squares at the yarn shop to be used in lap blankets for cancer patients.  The yarn shop owners are both knitters primarily, and asked me to take this project on because I was the only crocheter that came in regularly.  This is actually the second one I have done, and I have enough granny squares for a third blanket.






It really is pretty simple. I just attached the squares together to make rows of 5 and then attached all of the rows together, all using single crochet.  Then, I made a border, which would have been larger if I hadn't run out of yarn.  It is still cute.  I did a row of single crochet initially, and then went around again and did a double crochet, or a half double maybe?  Next time, I'd like to do 2 rows of doubles or half doubles instead of doing a single.  I did an image search on google to look for a granny square quilt I could do for myself, and I have found a ton.  Now just to look on ravelry!

Forever His,

No comments:

Post a Comment