CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Recipe (and an old one too!)




One of my goals for 2013 is to try 2 new recipes every month.  I decided to make Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes using a recipe I found on Money Saving Mom.  I love peanut butter, and putting peanut butter on pancakes (with chocolate chips!) is amazing. Sometimes I put peanut butter with just a little bit of maple syrup.  Yum!  I didn't completely follow the recipe, as I didn't have regular chocolate chips. 



Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
4 tbsp butter
mini chocolate chips (didn't measure, just did what looked right)

I mixed the dry ingredients separately from the other ingredients and then mixed them together.  The pancakes I made were about 6 inches in diameter, and I think I got 10 out of this recipe.


As you can see, I'm not very good at keeping my pancakes light.  They are still delicious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also made a black bean and corn salad/salsa to put in whole wheat tortilla wraps.  I have made it before, but apparently didn't save the recipe.  So I decided to "wing" it. 


Here is what I used:

Black Bean & Corn Salad/Salsa
1 can black beans (mostly rinsed)
3/4 small bag of frozen corn
green pepper
red onion
minced garlic
red pepper

Now after doing all of that, I finally found a recipe that is pretty much what I was looking for on All Recipes.  I like it the way I made it too.  I had it for lunch in whole wheat wraps, and also as a salsa with some chips. Yum!

Forever His,

No comments:

Post a Comment