CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan 13 Craft Day


I love crafts!  My favorites are crocheting, knitting, scrapbooking, and sewing.  However, if you offered me something else, I wouldn't say no!  I was super excited when my aunt asked me to come over for a craft day with her and my grandma.  Usually we don't actually accomplish much on craft days, but I figured if grandma was there, she'd keep us on task! :)

So, first we made towel toppers.  Now, these kind are not the kind you actually sew onto a towel.  There is a string hidden underneath that you hang your towel on.

Those are just some pictures of the one we were trying to copy.  Hopefully now you have a better idea of what I was trying to say.  Here is the one I made, which didn't turn out exactly as planned because I didn't use the same yarn...


The next project I did was a quilt top.  I thought I had the backing already, but apparently I don't. And actually, this fabric was originally for a more complicated quilt, but I just want to use it up, so I am going easy!






I had all of these pieces cut the night before, so that I wouldn't have to bring my rotary cutter or mat.  So this was a quick craft for craft day!

I also started on a rag quilt.  Most of these pieces were cut a long time ago, as I already made a quilt out of these same pieces.  I cut a few the night before also.





I am not finished with this.  I have to go through and cut slits on all of the edges, about 1/2 inch apart, which takes a long time!  Then, I have to wash and dry it, at least once, if not twice.  Here is what it will look like when it is done.





We will be having another craft day on the 21st, so look forward to more crafty posts!

Forever His,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment